Sacrifice

[Voltron Legendary Defender] warning: character death

« Older   Newer »

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Unlike most of the future vision that Keith has in the Quantum Abyssum, that were blurred and incomprehensible, that one was pretty clear. It was clear the moment, the place where they have to be, everything.
    Keith has seen that vision in his head too much time in the past two years, the way Voltron fought the drone, the way Voltron is forced to take the drone and brought it in the space to avoid the explosion to take down Earth, the way the lions crashed on Earth, the way his self of the vision woke up in the hospital and the nurse told him that Shiro hadn’t make it, that he died in the crash of the Black Lion.
    Despite the other visions, that fade away in no time, this one stuck up on Keith and he almost felt as he already lived pas thought it, he can feel the screams in his hears, the metallic sound of the lions as they hit the ground, the taste of blood in his mouth and the burning smell of the fires around.
    Yet, Keith swore that, if possible, he would negate to that vision to become real.

“So, what are we going to do now?” Lance asks.
    “What do you mean?” Keith asks, perplex.
    “Uhm, about the lions?” Lance says, and he’s a little bit embarrassed. “I mean, you’ve been a great leader recently, don’t let me wrong, and I kinda like you on this, but… Shiro’s back, the real Shiro this time, and now he also has a shiny new arm so I was wondering if you, like last time…”
    “No,” Keith answers immediately.
    “No?”
    “I’ll stay in Black,” Keith declares.
    He was in Red in his vision, and Shiro in Black. If Keith remains in Black, he can save Shiro somehow.

And then the vision become reality, even if in a different way from Keith’s memory. Shiro is not here, but he’s safe on his newborn ship, Atlas, who can also become a giant mecha, so it’s fine, as long as Keith manages to keep him away from the future exploding mecha. And Keith is in Black, and Black is going to crash on the ground, not Atlas, so the vision is done, nothing of what he saw will be real, he wouldn’t wake up in that hospital room to realize that everything he loves is no more.
    He doesn’t think, not even for a second, that saving Shiro means that he’ll be the one to die.

Shiro is actually a little bit angry at Keith.
    Not much, because he’d the one that pushed Keith to become the leader, so there also him being proud of his result. But Keith should have asked. Should have at least asking Shiro how’s doing without Black, if he’d like to return piloting it for real or not. Shiro would probably refused, or maybe not, depending of the reason Keith is asking that.
    But Keith did not ask. He just stayed in Black, presented himself like the pilot of the Black Lion, like Shiro has been nothing in the past.
    So yeah, Shiro is a little bit angry with him.
    But that anger passes away immediately, in the moment he sees, from the Atlas’ window, the bomb exploding in the atmosphere, and then the lions start falling from the sky, directly on Earth. He gives orders immediately to track their route so they can get them immediately, but his eyes don’t leave the screen and the window, following the failing of the Black Lion, the way like a stone he crashes on the hard ground, without any movements.
    I could have been there, Shiro realizes.
    But now Keith’s there, inside, failing, and it’s even more terrifying.

The MFEs rush to the other lions, but Shiro brought the Atlas directly to the Black Lion. He doesn’t even wait for the doctors to arrive, but he jumps outside the ship using the ability of controlling it at best, without even his helmet, without nothing by himself and his urge to save Keith.
    The Black Lion is off, and he won’t recognize Shiro nevertheless, so Shiro forces open the trap door and enters from here. Keith is still in the cockpit, in the pilot seat, perfectly still, the glass of his helmet broken.
    His eyes are half opened, and he recognizes Shiro on spot.
    He smiles. “You’re safe.”
    “It’s not me the one that just crashed,” Shiro replies, and there isn’t any humor in that.
    “No, but you would have,” Keith replies. “I’m so glad it’s me. That’s why I stay.”
    Only then Shiro realizes that Keith, somehow, knows he would crash, now what it happened, and he staied on Black so he wouldn’t be Shiro the one to die.
    After so many times, Keith didn’t manage to save Shiro and staying alive at the same time.
    “No, baby, please…”
    But Keith’s limp in his arm, not breathing anymore, beautiful despite the blood.
    It’s harder for who remains back living.

0 replies since 21/3/2020, 20:10   20 views